Friday 12 March 2010

Gaia Fashion


Today i had a shoot in the studio on the topic of "Gaia Fashion" a theory of how the world all works as one, everything in tune with one and other. I was set a brief to photograph a Portrait "gaia fashion" shot for the front cover of a magazine, and a landscape as a double spread. For my shoot i decided to go down the route of portraying recycling as a reusable fashion statement.
For the shoot, i pulled together two blackout/reflector boards in studio to make a fake wall, i then cover it in newspaper, ones i had everything correct, i pulled the model into the scene and did the same to her. wrapping paper from the floor to her chest to represent a fashionable dress whilst still looking as if she was part of the set.

Here is the final image.


Once i had completed this look, i need to achieve my landscape shot. For this, i used the same concept, but replaced the paper with plastic bags. I then used a large "Primark" fitted and structured around the model as a fashionable dress.

Here is the final outcome.


I have now started on turning the first image into a front page of a magazine. I chose "iD" and here is a little something im working on.

Let me know what you think.



No comments:

Post a Comment