Monday 1 March 2010

Where I want to go..


So, this week i got asked to do some actor head shots for a male who is wanting to get some extras work. I called him into the studio and went to town with my lighting set up. two strips, beauty-dish and two back drop lights.
After being out of the studio for so long, i forgot how much i love working with flash and with people but how easy it is to slip up on silly mistakes. (not helped by the tech guys handing me a camera with no battery or memory card in it- make
s you look real pro in front of a sitter)
Ones everything was sorted, i got in the swing of things again and loved doing the shoot. It made me realise what i want to do with my photographic journey. portraiture! this was first brought to my attention by a talk with Chris Floyd(.com), a british born
and based portrait photographer. Looking at his portfolio, filled with famous and interesting people, it
suddenly clicked to me, that this is what i want to do!

Clearly i have still alot to learn, but i now know where i'm heading and the area in which i need to
focus on and perfect. Finally!

Here is one of the images i took in that studio session.

Oh and i think i have worked out what my signature mark is within my photography. but im not going to tell
you what it is just yet, im going to let you follow my work and try and figure it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment