Saturday 13 March 2010

Memories of Old


Today, i went to an old people's home to do a shoot i have coined "Memories of old" A project based on capturing people's facial expressions as they tell me about their memories. I sat down with each subject for about half an hour, talking to them, getting to know them, and making them feel relaxed, as the time went on i slowly hint at past moments where things didnt go to well for them, ask them to expand on it and open up. The stories i heard were real, honest and interesting. Some said nothing, others made light of a dark situation and simply laughed it off. Here are a few of my favorite images.

"Anne"
"Anne" the moment when say told me her hardest memory was when, "my son died" "thats all im going to say!"

"Joyce"
"Joyce" recalling the time she lost her hearing.

"June"
"June" as she talks about her 11th birthday, her family were all in a car accident. Here she tells me how her mothers head was "crushed" and her neck was badly cut, she spent 11months in hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment